The purpose of this STEM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics ), program is to teach students to troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair a variety of computing devices, including desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and wearable technology. This program prepares graduates to start their own business, work for a business enterprise or transfer credits to a university to earn a Bachelor’s Degree – or all of these opportunities! The hands-on approach to instruction enables students to learn important skills and then practice those skills in the classroom and laboratory under the direct observation and coaching of a qualified instructor. At the completion of this program, students will be prepared to take the certification exams for computer support and network support (A+ Certification and Network+ Certification).
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Install and support small to medium-sized computer networks.
- Install and configure computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, Apple).
- Protect against viruses and repair systems that have been infected.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software problems.
- Diagnose problems in electronic systems using testing equipment.
- Comprehend technical literature to find solutions.
- Configure networking services on a server.
- Convert analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog.
- Identify and understand the elements of a computer and other computing devices.
- Achieve a working knowledge of processors, memory, and control systems in a networked environment.
- Operate DC and AC electronic circuits, digital circuits and analog circuits.
- Understand the basic elements of a web page (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Achieve the knowledge to be prepared to take certification examinations.