Pennsylvania Institute of Technology graduates usually have three choices to make:
- Continue their education to obtain a bachelor’s degree
- Start a job in their field
- Work in their field while pursuing a bachelor’s degree on a part-time basis
Graduates who seek employment may utilize the college’s free placement program.
The academic programs of P.I.T. are either associate degree or career certificate.
- Associate degree programs are for students who wish to develop skills for entry-level employment
or transfer to a four-year institution.
- Career certificate programs are for students who wish to develop skills for
entry-level employment in less than two years.
- Students can pursue a career certificate program and then choose to continue their education to
graduate with an associate degree.
P.I.T. offers two-year associate degrees in:
- Allied Health – Clinical Medical Assistant
- Allied Health – Medical Billing and Coding
- Allied Health – Pharmacy Technician
- Allied Health – Practical Nursing
- Applied Engineering
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Electronic Health Records
- General Studies
- Health Science
Physical Therapist Assistant
Dual Associate Degree
Students can pursue a dual associate degree. Students must complete the requirements for the Architecture and Civil
Engineering and Business Administration programs.
The Practical Nursing program is a three-semester curriculum which prepares graduates to sit for the Practical Nursing
(NCLEX-PN) examination. After passing the exam, graduates are qualified for entry-level positions requiring an LPN license.
Nursing students can achieve an A.S. degree in Allied Health/Practical Nursing. This requires additional classes. Licensed
Practical Nurses may also enter LPN-to-BSN programs.
P.I.T.'s School of Professional Programs offers Allied Health career certificates in:
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
These nine-month programs prepare graduates to take industry certification examinations.
Allied Health career certificate students can complete additional courses for an associate degree.
Rapid Learning Program Certificate
P.I.T.'s School of Professional Programs offers rapid learning program certificate in:
- (EKG) Electrocardiogram
- Medical Billing and Coding
These fifteen week programs prepare graduates to take industry certification examinations.
If you wish to continue your education with P.I.T., the credits earned in these programs can transfer into
their equivalent School of Professional Programs.