Preparing to take the PTA TEAS® Test at the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
There are no dates currently posted.
Candidates must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time.
*Note: additional testing dates may be scheduled, based on student need.
Each candidate must provide the following documentation to verify their eligibility to take the ATI TEAS® (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam and enroll in the Physical Therapist Assistant program of study:
- Each candidate must complete a P.I.T. application form and meet with an Enrollment Advisor to discuss the Admission process for the PTA Program.
- Each candidate must pay a $80 non-refundable first-time testing fee payment ($60 for re-tests) to the P.I.T. Business Office (Please note: The Business Office will NOT accept personal checks.)
- After paying the testing fee, the candidate will bring the receipt to the Innovation Center to meet with the Coordinator to schedule a testing date and time.
- Only candidates who have completed an application, met with an Enrollment Advisor, and paid the testing fee (prior to the testing date), will be scheduled for testing.
Instructions for Taking the TEAS® Test
The TEAS® test is an online proctored exam. Plan on the testing process taking 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
All candidates/testers must create an ATI account prior to taking the test.
- You can create an account at www.atitesting.com by clicking on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT and following the screen prompts. DO NOT select “Register for TEAS” from the side menu.
- You need to select that you will be taking your testing at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology — Allied Health. It is very important that you select the correct testing location in order for your test results to be scored for admission into the PTA Program. *Note: Candidates for the PIT PTA Program must take the TEAS V® Test on the Media Campus only. No other testing location is available.
- You will be asked to create an ID & password. You must bring this ID & password with you the day you test.
On the day of the test:
- The proctor will meet you on the Porch (located outside of Admissions).
- If you are testing on a Saturday, you MUST arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
- If you are testing on a Wednesday, you MUST arrive no later than 4:15 p.m.
- If you arrive without your ATI ID and password you will NOT be permitted to stay for testing.
- A photo ID is REQUIRED to sit for testing.
- Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time.
- Late arrivals will NOT be admitted into the testing area.
- You may NOT bring the following into the testing area:
- cell phones,
- electronic devices of any kind,
- family, friends, and children.
- The TESTING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
After Completing the Test
- You can view your results by logging on to the ATI website.
- The proctor is not permitted to interpret results.
- The PTA Program Director will call you to discuss the results of your exam.
- Achieving a satisfactory score on the TEAS® does NOT guarantee admission into P.I.T.’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- A candidate who achieves satisfactory scores on the TEAS® will receive instructions on how to proceed.
- A candidate who does not achieve satisfactory scores will be given directions on retesting.
- PTA candidates may only retake the TEAS® test one time for any PTA start.
Unable to Attend Your Scheduled Test Date?
If you are unable to attend your scheduled testing date, a notice of 72 hours prior to your testing date is required for you to cancel and reschedule. Failure to do so will require that you pay the testing fee again.
You must contact the Coordinator in the Innovation Center to cancel your testing date and to reschedule your test. The rescheduled date and time will depend upon the availability of testing openings.