Having a job is super important, for it will provide you and your family with the essentials in life such as food, water, shelter, clothes, etc. There are tons of ways to become an admirable employee and I have gathered these 10 steps to give you a head start!
1. Be on time – and call if you know you’ll be late.
2. Behave well – you are always representing the company.
3. Learn how to take criticism well – people will speak their minds and it’s not always good news. Use it constructively to improve your work.
5. Dress professionally – the best rule to follow is this: If you need to ask yourself if your outfit is appropriate, it probably is not.
6. Be productive – when you are done one task, offer to help co-workers or look for something you can do to improve what you’ve already done.
7. Help solve a problem – don’t be afraid to offer suggestions, and don’t be put off if your idea isn’t chosen. Continue to be supportive to your co-workers and when the problem is yours, they will help you to solve it.
8. Be appreciative – not only for the job you’ve managed to get hired for. Appreciate gestures of friendship, acts of kindness, and the guidance of your peers and supervisors.
9. Be active – productivity will increase if you are not the person always glued to your desk.
10. “This is your job, do it well, or someone else will” – especially in the current state of unemployment, be aware that if you are not willing to put in the effort to do an excellent job, there are plenty of other people who will be glad to take your place.