is a blended online/classroom learning option that provides the convenience and the flexibility that many
students need in their busy schedules. Students will attend approximately 90 minutes of in-class learning per week
per class. The balance of the class will be fulfilled via online activities.
Instructors will use on-line learning tools such as discussion boards, videos, web sites, on-line collaboration and
other methods combined with traditional, classroom-based instruction. . It also provides the comfort of knowing that
you will see your instructor on a weekly basis and that they are available for face-to-face meetings.
Who should take Blended classes?
Students who tend to be successful in e-learning classes demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- Self-motivation (this is the most important characteristic!)
- Good computer skills
- Good reading and writing skills
- Excellent time management skill
- Enjoy new challenges
What do I have to know to take an class?
Computer skills that a student should feel comfortable to take our Blended Learning courses should include:
- Send and receive emails with attachments
- Use a web browser to surf the internet
- Download and install software and software plug-ins
- Type 25-30 words per minute
- Copy and paste text and pictures
- Open, save, and ‘save as’ a document
- View YouTube videos
If a student is lacking in some of these skills, they can take a basic computer skills boot camp if they want to
take an online class.
Students enrolled in an eP.I.T. class are solely responsible for their ability to access the internet via computer, tablet,
or other device.
Having daily access to a computer with high-speed internet is required!
Classes Offered for the Fall semester.
|MTH111 ||E ||Algebra Skills for College Success ||Wed ||10:30 AM |
|SIT203 ||E ||Basic Office Software Applications ||Mon ||8:30 AM |
|ENG203 ||E ||Business Communications ||Mon ||12:30 PM |
|MTH121 ||E ||Business Mathematics ||Thur ||8:30 AM |
|MTH145 ||E ||College Algebra and Trigonometry ||Thur ||2:30 PM |
|ENG104 ||E ||Composition I ||Thur ||10:30 AM |
|ENG204 ||E ||Composition II ||Thur ||12:00 PM |
|ENG110 ||E ||English Comprehension Skills for College Success ||Mon ||10:30 AM |
|MOT115 ||E ||Healthcare in a Trans Cultural Environment ||Thur ||1:00 PM |
|HIS180 ||E ||History of Religion ||Wed ||10:30 AM |
|PSY109 ||E ||Human Growth and Development ||Thur ||8:30 AM |
|PLS160 ||E ||Introduction to Global Studies ||Thur ||1:00 PM |
|MET156 ||E ||Introduction to Metrology ||Mon ||10:30 AM |
|NTE101 ||E ||Introduction to Nanotechnology ||Mon ||1:30 PM |
|PSY105 ||E ||Introduction to Psychology ||Thur ||10:30 AM |
|SOC103 ||E ||Introduction to Sociology ||Mon ||1:00 PM |
|MTH112 ||E ||Mathematics Skills for College Success ||Wed ||10:30 AM |
|STR247 ||E ||Mechanics of Materials ||Wed ||10:30 AM |
|MTH207 ||E ||Statistics ||Mon ||10:30 AM |
- Algebra Skills for College Success - MTH111
- Basic Office Software Applications - SIT203
- Business Communications - ENG203
- Business Mathematics - MTH121
- College Algebra and Trigonometry - MTH145
- Composition I - ENG104
- Composition II - ENG204
- English Comprehension Skills for College Success - ENG110
- Healthcare in a Trans Cultural Environment - MOT115
- History of Religion - HIS180
- Human Growth and Development - PSY109
- Introduction to Global Studies - PLS160
- Introduction to Metrology - MET156
- Introduction to Nanotechnology - NTE101
- Introduction to Psychology - PSY105
- Introduction to Sociology - SOC103
- Mathematics Skills for College Success - MTH112
- Mechanics of Materials - STR247
- Statistics - MTH207
- Web Programming - CSC211
Blended E-Learning courses are NOT easier than classes that are taught exclusively in a traditional classroom.
There is no cost difference between traditional and Blended E-Learning courses.
The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology plans to expand its course selection for its Blended E-Learning program in subsequent semesters.
Who do I talk to find out more about these classes?
You can speak to your admissions representive
What if I already registered for a regular class, but I want to switch to an
You can change your registration through the student portal and use the add/drop functions.