Jobs @ P.I.T.
Employment opportunities at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The College is seeking a motivated individual to be responsible for the accounting cycle from transactions to month-end close, inclusive of journal entries, accruals, GL account analysis, reconciliations, reporting, and grant allocations.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries for the institution and affiliated entities
- Post and reconcile daily cash receipts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations as they pertain to each specific grant award
- Process all functions of Accounts Payable
- Maintain financial work papers
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Will provide excellent customer service with a positive attitude
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Working knowledge of Great Plains accounting system
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Demonstrate successful experience working collaboratively and compassionately with employees, community members, students, and others from various diverse communities.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and free parking. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
TITLE: Human Resource and Executive Administrative Specialist
BENEFITS: Full, Comprehensive Benefits Package
Summary of Position
The Executive Administrative Assistant and Human Resource Specialistserves as the point person and face of the college’s human capital management program in addition to providing executive administrative support to members of college leadership. This dynamic and multi-faceted individual plays a key function within the college and is routinely involved in multidisciplinary functions, working across departments and functions.
Additionally, the role of Executive Administrative Assistant and Human Resource Specialistis responsible for the coordination of meetings, logistics, correspondence (to internal and external constituents), advanced preparation of materials, follow-up activities related to collegiate business, and coordination of activities directly related to the President, the senior administrative team, and the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate the implementation of Human Resource initiatives and systems, including the development and maintenance of related policies.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures.
- Oversee the hiring and recruitment process by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, reviewing resumes, screening, and reference checks.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans and ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Develop training and employee development programs related to employment regulation, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the college’s human capital program.
- Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations.
- Ensure the maintenance of employee records (attendance, EEO data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Routinely engage in professional development to ensure a foundational knowledge of human capital trends, employment requirements, and compliance.
- Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions.
- Maintains and manages budgets for professional development and other HR functions including tuition reimbursement and remission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate scheduling for the President and senior administration.
- Serves as a liaison between the President and the members of the Board of Trustees in the role of Secretary to the Board of Trustees.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of school administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff, and the various constituents served by the school and in handling administrative records, files, and similar confidential items.
- Coordinates the flow of incoming communications and outgoing communications by receiving, routing, and/or responding to incoming communications and determining the appropriate office for outgoing communications.
- Drafts and distributes internal memos and correspondence to staff and families on the President’s behalf and works closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure coordination.
- Acts as Liaison for rental agreements, inquiries, and ensures proper documentation.
- Facilitates efficient and cost-effective travel for the President and senior administrators by making travel arrangements.
- Prepares correspondence for distribution of approval and signature, checking documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Assists with document gathering and coordination in support of contracted employees.
- Draft and maintain meeting minutes, agendas, and related documentation and records.
- Maintain email, address, and telephone records of college constituents.
- Responsible for additional general administrative and secretarial duties.
- Other responsibilities, as requested.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Generate reports as needed.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience; preference is given to candidates with higher education and/or non-profit experience.
- Demonstrate successful experience working collaboratively and compassionately with employees, community members, students, and others from various diverse communities which requires meeting and greeting the public.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications skills.
- Experience cataloging and documenting organizational records.
- Excellent skills in relevant technologies including Microsoft Office applications, database systems, and web-based applications and the ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new systems
- Demonstrated ability to work and carry out multiple assignments and complex components under pressure with short deadlines and/or frequent interruptions or distractions, and with minimal supervision and direction.
- Verifiable ability to exercise a high degree of judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information.
In the role of Service Desk Specialist, you will provide on-site, high-quality customer support while receiving, triaging, remediating and/or escalating support requests from internal staff and students, and coordinate with external support vendors to ensure requests are resolved. You will configure, maintain, and support the college’s desktop infrastructure including laptops, peripherals, and telephones. In addition, you will lend your expertise to various projects that will support the college’s changing technology needs. The Service Desk Specialist will provide on-site support during the college’s extended hours; generally this is between 11:00 am and 7pm EST, with some flexibility provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the college’s efforts to migrate from Windows 7 machines to Windows 10
- Research and deploy appropriate group policy objects in a Windows 10 environment
- As the college migrates to Office 365, assist with establishing the environment and provide ongoing support
- Monitor for required Windows and Symantec endpoint protection updates
- Provide on-site IT service desk support through telephone and face-to-face/desk-side interactions.
- Monitor applications, backups, system performance, and other operational metrics for abnormalities. Identify, resolve, or escalate small issues before they become big issues.
- Create a positive customer support experience for the college’s staff and students by providing thorough and timely problem resolution or escalation, prompt communication, and a consistently professional attitude.
- Evaluate, prioritize, troubleshoot, analyze, research and resolve hardware, software, mobile device, and application issues reported by staff and students. Answer questions. Escalate issues to internal or vendor support teams when required.
- Document all requests and incidents thoroughly and in a timely manner using the IT ticketing system, iSupport. Demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Enhance service desk knowledge base by documenting issues, troubleshooting activities, and resolutions.
- Configure and install new IT hardware including laptops, docking stations, monitors, peripherals, and telephones.
- Assist staff and students with configuration of BYOD mobile devices in accordance with the college policies.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding IT service offerings.
- Follow procedures to enforce information security through use of account management, physical access control, and permissions management.
- Follow procedures to perform IT related employee on boarding and exit processes.
- Perform end-user training related to supported applications and systems.
- Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities, new processes, and modifications for the tools used.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associates degree in information systems or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum of two years’ experience in an IT support role
Microsoft and/or security certifications a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Demonstrated ability to approach assignments in an organized manner; project management experience is preferred.
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer service mindset.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
Social Media & Marketing Intern
As the Social Media and Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting the College’s Marketing Manager with a multitude of projects, including current and prospective student engagement, social media strategy, content development, and design and some event planning and execution.
Social media and Marketing responsibilities may include: Social media content development and copy-writing as well as designing print and digital content, maintain up-to-day online content. Assist other departments with the creative and distribution of content related to events. Create or edit publications, such as newsletters and course and program materials. Maintain event calendars. Conduct searches as it relates to market research. Respond to requests for information from the students, staff, and faculty. Other duties as assigned.
- Graphic design
- Proficiency with current social media platforms
- Writing and editing (communication)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Familiarity with Hootsuite (a plus)
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university or be a member of the 2020 graduating class.
- Be passionate about learning and helping others achieve their career goals.
This is an unpaid summer internship position, it includes lots of real-world experience within the Higher Education and Non-Profit space. We are looking to fill the role immediately. Applicant must be living in the Philadelphia, Delaware County or Montgomery County area.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest (including dates and times of availability) and resume with the subject, “Social Media & Marketing Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a difference in the lives of soon-to-be graduates by volunteering at P.I.T.!
For over 65 years, Pennsylvania Institute of Technology has provided real-world, hands-on career focused training to our graduates while remaining an affordable college option. To continue our Mission and maintain affordability, we need your help!
There are so many ways you can help P.I.T.:
- Volunteer your time for one of our community events, such as our annual Trunk-or-Treat, BINGO, and Family Movies in the Theater.
- Pick up a “shift” at the P.I.T. Stop Café, which serves affordable breakfast and lunches to our students daily.
- For those with the right skillset, tutoring can be a rewarding experience!
- If you have experience with English as a Second Language (ESOL) student – we need your help. Many P.I.T. students face not only the natural rigors of achieving their educational goals but do so, while navigating new ideas and being surrounded by a language they may never have learned in before attending P.I.T.
- We can always use help with filing and organizing.
- Be a part of welcoming prospective students to the College by helping out at an Open House or Orientation.
- Offer career advice or professional opportunities to students and young alumni.
There are many other ways volunteers can help make P.I.T. even greater. If you would like to talk with someone about how you can volunteer for Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject, “Interested in Volunteering”.