Jobs @ P.I.T.
Employment opportunities at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
In the role of Service Desk Specialist, you will provide on-site, high-quality customer support while receiving, triaging, remediating and/or escalating support requests from internal staff and students, and coordinate with external support vendors to ensure requests are resolved. You will configure, maintain, and support the college’s desktop infrastructure including laptops, peripherals, and telephones. In addition, you will lend your expertise to various projects that will support the college’s changing technology needs. The Service Desk Specialist will provide on-site support during the college’s extended hours; generally this is between 11:00 am and 7pm EST, with some flexibility provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the college’s efforts to migrate from Windows 7 machines to Windows 10
- Research and deploy appropriate group policy objects in a Windows 10 environment
- As the college migrates to Office 365, assist with establishing the environment and provide ongoing support
- Monitor for required Windows and Symantec endpoint protection updates
- Provide on-site IT service desk support through telephone and face-to-face/desk-side interactions.
- Monitor applications, backups, system performance, and other operational metrics for abnormalities. Identify, resolve, or escalate small issues before they become big issues.
- Create a positive customer support experience for the college’s staff and students by providing thorough and timely problem resolution or escalation, prompt communication, and a consistently professional attitude.
- Evaluate, prioritize, troubleshoot, analyze, research and resolve hardware, software, mobile device, and application issues reported by staff and students. Answer questions. Escalate issues to internal or vendor support teams when required.
- Document all requests and incidents thoroughly and in a timely manner using the IT ticketing system, iSupport. Demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Enhance service desk knowledge base by documenting issues, troubleshooting activities, and resolutions.
- Configure and install new IT hardware including laptops, docking stations, monitors, peripherals, and telephones.
- Assist staff and students with configuration of BYOD mobile devices in accordance with the college policies.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding IT service offerings.
- Follow procedures to enforce information security through use of account management, physical access control, and permissions management.
- Follow procedures to perform IT related employee on boarding and exit processes.
- Perform end-user training related to supported applications and systems.
- Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities, new processes, and modifications for the tools used.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associates degree in information systems or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum of two years’ experience in an IT support role
Microsoft and/or security certifications a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Demonstrated ability to approach assignments in an organized manner; project management experience is preferred.
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer service mindset.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
Social Media & Marketing Intern
As the Social Media and Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting the College’s Marketing Manager with a multitude of projects, including current and prospective student engagement, social media strategy, content development, and design and some event planning and execution.
Social media and Marketing responsibilities may include: Social media content development and copy-writing as well as designing print and digital content, maintain up-to-day online content. Assist other departments with the creative and distribution of content related to events. Create or edit publications, such as newsletters and course and program materials. Maintain event calendars. Conduct searches as it relates to market research. Respond to requests for information from the students, staff, and faculty. Other duties as assigned.
- Graphic design
- Proficiency with current social media platforms
- Writing and editing (communication)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Familiarity with Hootsuite (a plus)
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university or be a member of the 2020 graduating class.
- Be passionate about learning and helping others achieve their career goals.
This is an unpaid summer internship position, it includes lots of real-world experience within the Higher Education and Non-Profit space. We are looking to fill the role immediately. Applicant must be living in the Philadelphia, Delaware County or Montgomery County area.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest (including dates and times of availability) and resume with the subject, “Social Media & Marketing Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a difference in the lives of soon-to-be graduates by volunteering at P.I.T.!
For over 65 years, Pennsylvania Institute of Technology has provided real-world, hands-on career focused training to our graduates while remaining an affordable college option. To continue our Mission and maintain affordability, we need your help!
There are so many ways you can help P.I.T.:
- Volunteer your time for one of our community events, such as our annual Trunk-or-Treat, BINGO, and Family Movies in the Theater.
- Pick up a “shift” at the P.I.T. Stop Café, which serves affordable breakfast and lunches to our students daily.
- For those with the right skillset, tutoring can be a rewarding experience!
- If you have experience with English as a Second Language (ESOL) student – we need your help. Many P.I.T. students face not only the natural rigors of achieving their educational goals but do so, while navigating new ideas and being surrounded by a language they may never have learned in before attending P.I.T.
- We can always use help with filing and organizing.
- Be a part of welcoming prospective students to the College by helping out at an Open House or Orientation.
- Offer career advice or professional opportunities to students and young alumni.
There are many other ways volunteers can help make P.I.T. even greater. If you would like to talk with someone about how you can volunteer for Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject, “Interested in Volunteering”.