Jobs @ P.I.T.
Employment opportunities at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
Social Media & Marketing Intern
As the Social Media and Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting the College’s Marketing Manager with a multitude of projects, including current and prospective student engagement, social media strategy, content development, and design and some event planning and execution.
Social media and Marketing responsibilities may include: Social media content development and copy-writing as well as designing print and digital content, maintain up-to-day online content. Assist other departments with the creative and distribution of content related to events. Create or edit publications, such as newsletters and course and program materials. Maintain event calendars. Conduct searches as it relates to market research. Respond to requests for information from the students, staff, and faculty. Other duties as assigned.
- Graphic design
- Proficiency with current social media platforms
- Writing and editing (communication)
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Familiarity with Hootsuite (a plus)
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university or be a member of the 2020 graduating class.
- Be passionate about learning and helping others achieve their career goals.
This is an unpaid summer internship position, it includes lots of real-world experience within the Higher Education and Non-Profit space. We are looking to fill the role immediately. Applicant must be living in the Philadelphia, Delaware County or Montgomery County area.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest (including dates and times of availability) and resume with the subject, “Social Media & Marketing Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a difference in the lives of soon-to-be graduates by volunteering at P.I.T.!
For over 65 years, Pennsylvania Institute of Technology has provided real-world, hands-on career focused training to our graduates while remaining an affordable college option. To continue our Mission and maintain affordability, we need your help!
There are so many ways you can help P.I.T.:
- Volunteer your time for one of our community events, such as our annual Trunk-or-Treat, BINGO, and Family Movies in the Theater.
- Pick up a “shift” at the P.I.T. Stop Café, which serves affordable breakfast and lunches to our students daily.
- For those with the right skillset, tutoring can be a rewarding experience!
- If you have experience with English as a Second Language (ESOL) student – we need your help. Many P.I.T. students face not only the natural rigors of achieving their educational goals but do so, while navigating new ideas and being surrounded by a language they may never have learned in before attending P.I.T.
- We can always use help with filing and organizing.
- Be a part of welcoming prospective students to the College by helping out at an Open House or Orientation.
- Offer career advice or professional opportunities to students and young alumni.
There are many other ways volunteers can help make P.I.T. even greater. If you would like to talk with someone about how you can volunteer for Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject, “Interested in Volunteering”.