This program, with fully-online classes available, aims to provide committed learners with quality, collegiate, and career-enhancing Cannabis-based business education in a supportive environment that promotes personal growth and prepares graduates for successful careers and college transfer opportunities.
As medicinal and recreational cannabis business opportunities continue to expand, employment opportunities are emerging and growing by leaps and bounds. This program prepares graduates to start their own business, work for a dispensary or grow operation, or transfer credits to a university to earn a Bachelor’s Degree!
Legal cannabis is currently the most excellent job-creation machine in America. The cannabis workforce increased by 445% in the past year, and another 410,000 jobs will be added in 2021.
Students will focus on a combination of pathways to determine the most favorable path for their career. Through a careful examination of the science, botany, marketing, and accounting aspects of a cannabis business, students will be exposed to all levels of vertically integrated business models and small business models.
Have a Question?
- Curriculum Summary
- Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the Cannabis Business program, graduates should be able to:
- Interpret the history of medical cannabis in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware compared to the USA as well as recognize the implications of medical legalization and its impact on healthcare.
- Differentiate the benefits of medical marijuana for different health issues.
- Explore and understand the legal challenges of working in the cannabis industry or consuming cannabis-based health products.
- Analyze and assess the research on medicinal effects of marijuana products.
- Compare and contrast other alternative health treatments that can be used in conjunction with medical marijuana.
- Evaluate the commercial hemp market for potential business opportunities.
- Recognize and apply the tenets of professional ethical responsibility.
- Identify and distinguish the major historical and political influences of cannabis use.
- Analyze marketing techniques to determine the most appropriate strategies.
- Employ the use of accounting software and reports within the context of a cannabis business environment.
- Develop a clear understanding of the horticulture and botany associated with cannabis.