The Computer Science field is exploding with potential. Every employer needs professionals who can maximize productivity by developing software solutions.
The associate degree in Computer Science provides a comprehensive curriculum that responds to the rapidly changing nature of information technology. The major prepares you as software engineer by building a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, then training you in the latest software engineering techniques. You will be expected to obtain at least one of several industry standard certifications, including Oracle’s Java SE 7 Programmer certification.
Software engineers design computer programs by using the most effective and efficient modern techniques. The Computer Science degree gives you the skills to analyze, design, implement, and maintain software and hardware in a systemic way.
The ability to craft secure, maintainable, high-performance applications for mobile devices, the Internet, and desktop computers is a highly valued skill. Our Computer Science degree will provide you the cutting-edge knowledge and technical skills to thrive in this fast-paced, opportunity-filled industry.
- Curriculum Summary
- Program Objectives
Course Code Course Name Credits CSC180 Linux 3.00 CSC110 Programming Fundamentals 3.00 CSC211 Web Programming 3.00 CSC212 Java I 3.00 CSC215 Programming Mobile Devices 3.00 CSC217 Web Programming II 3.00 CSC213 Database Systems 3.00 CSC205 Full Stack Web Development 3.00 CSC214 Java II 3.00 CSC218 Programming Mobile Devices II 3.00 MTH150 Discrete Mathematics I 3.00 ENG108 English Composition 3.00 CSC240 Introduction to the Gaming Industry 3.00 ENG215 Analytical Writing 3.00 CSC245 Computer Game Development 3.00 HUM140 Critical Thinking in the Modern Age 3.00 MTH145 College Algebra and Trigonometry 3.00 CSC239 Cyber Law, Ethics and Society 3.00 CSC260 Introduction to Blockchain Technology 3.00 COM108 Communications and Social Interaction 3.00 POOL8571 Free Elective 1 3.00 CSC255 Monetizing and Managing Web Projects 3.00
Computer Science graduates should be able to:
- Create a marketable application for a mobile device
- Create a client-side and server-side web application for LAMP
- Create working, useful desktop applications
- Troubleshoot code in an Integrated Development Environment
- Build a full, normalized database from the ground up
- Write secure code for database transactions
- Write test code for program quality assurance
- Write shell scripts for Unix administration
- Demonstrate readiness to sit for Oracle’s Java SE 7 Programmer certification exam
- Explain and use team-oriented, customer-centered iterative development techniques such as Agile