Computer Support Engineering
Most organizations have expanding, complex networks. The upgrading and maintenance of these networks has significantly increased the demand for highly skilled and trained professionals.
An associate degree in Computer Support Engineering provides you with comprehensive training to perform core computer science competencies, including installing and configuring networks and operating systems, troubleshooting, upgrades, and the skills to repair a variety of devices including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and wearable technology.
Our hands-on approach to instruction enables you to learn important skills and then practice those skills in the classroom and laboratory under the direct observation and coaching of a qualified instructor. At the completion of this program, you will be prepared to take the certification exams for computer support and network support (A+ Certification and Network+ Certification).
Flexible scheduling options – including online and blended learning, as well as day and evening classes – provide convenience and also help you earn your associate degree in as little as 18 months.View Curriculum Summary
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Install and support small to medium-sized computer networks
- Install and configure computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, -Apple)
- Protect against viruses and repair systems that have been infected
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software problems
- Diagnose problems in electronic systems using testing equipment
- Comprehend technical literature to find solutions
- Configure networking services on a server
- Convert analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog
- Identify and understand the elements of a computer and other computing devices
- Achieve a working knowledge of processors, memory, and control systems in a networked environment
- Operate DC and AC electronic circuits, digital circuits and analog circuits
- Understand the basic elements of a web page (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Achieve the knowledge to be prepared to take certification examinations