Upcoming TEAS Test dates
| ||Date||Start Time ||Campus
|Sat||March 21, 2015||7:45 AM||Media
|Sat||April 18, 2015||7:45 AM||Media
|Wed||May 06, 2015||4:15 PM||Media
|Sat||June 20, 2015||7:45 AM||Media
|Sat||July 18, 2015||7:45 AM||Media
|Sat||August 15, 2015||7:45 AM||Media
Each candidate must provide the following documentation to verify their eligibility to take the ATI TEAS® (Test of Essential
Academic Skills) exam and enroll in the Practical Nursing program of study:
- An official high school transcript or GED diploma with scores.
- A candidate who has an out-of-state (i.e. non-Pennsylvania) GED must obtain a Certificate of Preliminary Education (CPE)
from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- A candidate who graduated from a foreign country needs to obtain a Certificate of Preliminary (CPE) Education
from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- A candidate who graduated from a foreign country can provide an official transcript showing completion
of a U.S. associate or baccalaureate degree instead of the CPE.
- Proof the candidate is at least 17 years old.
- Proof of U. S. citizenship, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
Each candidate must complete a P.I.T. application form and take the ACCUPLACER Test.
- Any candidates who has already completed a college-level Mathematics course AND earned a grade of 2.5 or higher will
have the ACCUPLACER test waived.
Each candidate must pay a $65 non-refundable
testing fee payment to the P.I.T. Business Office (Please note:
The Business Office will NOT accept personal checks.)
Students enrolled and students of record in the College’s A.S. Health Science or A.S. Allied Health
programs are exempt from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), provided that:
Students earn a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative grade point average in the associate degree curriculum or
portion of the associate degree curriculum for which they are enrolled for at least one completed semester at P.I.T.
Students earn a minimum of a 3.00 grade point average in either ENG 104 Composition I, or ENG 204 Composition II.
Students earn a minimum of a 3.00 grade point average in BIO 135 Anatomy and Physiology I,
BIO 136 Anatomy and Physiology II, BIO 105/106 General Biology and Biology Laboratory, or
CHM 105/106 General Chemistry and Chemistry Laboratory.
Students enrolled and students of record in the College’s A.S. Health Science or A.S. Allied Health programs who are unable to meet the qualifications for exemption may elect to take the TEAS.
After paying the testing fee, the candidate will bring the receipt to Room A414 in the Faculty Tower to meet with a Practical Nursing
staff member to schedule a testing date and time.
Instructions for Taking the TEAS® Test
- Only candidates, who have completed an application, taken the ACCUPLACER Test, and paid the testing fee (prior to the testing date),
will be scheduled for testing.
The TEAS® test is an online proctored exam. Plan on the testing process taking 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
All candidates/testers must create an ATI account prior to taking the test.
You can create an account at www.atitesting.com by clicking on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT
and following the screen prompts.
- You need to select that you will be taking your testing at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology.
- You will be asked to create an ID & password. You must bring this ID & password with you the day you test.
On the day of the test:
After Completing the Test
- The proctor will meet you on the “porch” (located outside of Admissions).
- If you are testing on a Saturday, you MUST arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
- If you are testing on a Wednesday, you MUST arrive no later than 4:45 p.m.
- If you arrive without your ATI ID and password you will NOT be permitted to stay for testing.
- A photo ID is REQUIRED to sit for testing.
- Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time.
- Late arrivals will NOT be admitted into the testing area.
- You may NOT bring the following into the testing area:
- cell phones,
- electronic devices of any kind,
- family, friends, and children.
- The TESTING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
Unable to Attend Your Scheduled Test Date?
- You can view your results by logging on to the ATI website.
- The proctor is not permitted to interpret results.
- A letter will be mailed to you by the Practical Nursing Program to notify you if you passed or failed the exam.
- “Passing” the TEAS® does NOT guarantee admission into P.I.T.’s Practical Nursing Program.
- A candidate who passes the test will receive instructions on how to proceed.
- A candidate who does not pass the test will be:
- given directions on retesting,
- told of other programs available at P. I. T., and
- advised to contact his/her Admission Specialist.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled testing date, a notice of 72 hours prior to your testing date is required for you to
cancel and reschedule. Failure to do so will require that you pay the testing fee again.
You must contact the Practical Nursing Program at 610-892-1568 to cancel your testing date and to reschedule your test. The
rescheduled date and time will depend upon the availability of testing openings.