Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, P.I.T. celebrates #GivingTuesday kicking off the charitable season, … Read more »
We seek to:
* Provide an emphasis on “hands-on” experience and computer information systems literacy, along with theory.
* Enable student to achieve programmatic competencies.
* Encourage students and faculty to keep abreast of changing developments in their fields through continued learning and professional development.
* Maximize the job placement of eligible candidates.
* Prepare those students who seek to transfer to four year colleges.
* Provide support services necessary to help all students to succeed.
* Share technical resources with the community for related purposes.
* Encourage a sense of social responsibility in students enabling them to function well in their family, community, and professional lives.
Congratulations to Gabriela Juarez, an alumna of the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology’s Engineering class of 2017!
Gabriela (Gabs) was hired by Exelon’s Nuclear-Power Metrology Laboratory in Coatesville, PA where she performs accurate calibration of sensitive expensive equipment used in the electrical power industry. She has an option to transfer to other Exelon locations such as the Limerick Generation Station that has two General Electric boiling water nuclear reactor (BWR) units where another PIT engineering graduate, Kayla Marriner, is employed.
Gabriela has the opportunity to further her engineering education at a four-year university. Exelon has a platinum tuition-reimbursement plan so Gabs will not incur any tuition debt while attending the university of her choice.
Gabriela’s mother, Susana, inspired her to be the best that she could be. Gabs is setting a good example for her little sister, Katrina and giving her a big push in the right career direction. Best of luck Gabs!
- Gerry Gambs, Engineering Program Manager #WednesdayWisdom#WCW#StudentSuccess#PITedu#PITPride