P.I.T. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 1st, 2014.
What we collect
P.I.T. may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, phone number and street address
- Demographic information such as postcode, course schedule preferences and academic program interests
- Personal information such as SSN and date of birth if you start an enrollment application
- Web-based advertisement you might have viewed prior to visiting our website
What we do with the information we gather
We ask for this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Some specific reasons are:
- Internal record keeping.
- Document your personal information in our campus management database if you request information about the college or start an enrollment application.
- Our admissions department may contact you if request information about the college or start an enrollment application.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about upcoming information sessions, future start dates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never give your information to any third party.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer`s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and web-based advertisement you might have seen prior to visiting our websites. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or allow you to complete the application.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.