Chi Alpha Epsilon
Chi Alpha Epsilon was organized in 1989 in response to an increased need to acknowledge the continuing successes of students in the Academic Development Program and recognizing that students who share similar experiences could serve as significant models for others. Like its parent organization, P.I.T.’s Chi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon was formed to recognize the academic achievements of students admitted through non-traditional criteria and serves developmental, SSS, McNair Scholars, and Educational Opportunity Program students. Its purposes are to promote continued high academic standards, to foster increased communication among its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students.
Membership in the Chi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon is an honor bestowed on a student as a result of his or her demonstration of the Chi Alpha Epsilon goals to excel academically, to promote academic excellence in others, and to help those who genuinely aspire to achieve the same goals. Membership is conferred by INVITATION ONLY from the local chapter. Both full and part time students are eligible for membership upon meeting the requirements.
To be eligible for membership, you MUST:
- Be served under the ACT 101 or the Student Support Services grants.
- Be enrolled in an Associate Degree program at the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology.
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours toward an Associate Degree at the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology.
- Have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 for at least 2 consecutive semesters; and, you must maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Exhibit the goals of Chi Alpha Epsilon: to excel academically, to promote academic excellence in others, and to help those who genuinely aspire to achieve the same goals. These goals should be evident in the campus community as well as within the local chapter.
- Adhere to the moral standards of the society.
To be inducted into the Society, you MUST:
- Receive an invitation to membership from the Chi Chapter at the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology.
- Complete and submit the application form to one of the Chapter’s Advisors.
- Pay $60 in cash for dues and fees in full BEFORE the induction ceremony.
- Attend and participate in the chapter’s induction ceremony.
- Eligible students MUST complete the process outlined above and in the letter of invitation to become a member. No one can wear honor society regalia (honor cords and key pin) at Commencement if they have not completed the induction process.
Members are expected to participate in Chapter events including, though not limited to chapter meetings and the annual Induction ceremony. In addition, members may be asked to assist at college-wide events with set-up, greeting, ushering, or other support roles.
For more information, please contact a chapter advisor:
P : 484.263.0359