Student Services at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology is a vital component of the educational experience of our students.
Student Services offers and oversees a wide range of resources and services. We personalize programs to provide individualized
support to the P.I.T. student. Whether it is educational, career, or personal, we are here to help you succeed.
Our services include:
- Academic Support and Financial Literacy Counseling: Personalized support for each student. Every P.I.T. student
is assigned their own counselor.
- Media Student Resource Center: Provide assistance in improving students’ academic skills. Our goal is to help you
successfully complete every course.
- FREE Tutoring Services available from Master and Peer Tutors
- Computer lab
- Easy access near classrooms
- Library: provide research support services and resources to ALL students.
- Electronic collection accessible to all students at my.pit.edu
- Physical collection (books, journals, DVDs, etc.) located on Media campus is open to ALL students
- Professional librarians to assist with research
- Computer lab
- DVD/video viewing stations
- Externship/Internship: placement in and evaluation of your clinical educational experience for the School of
Professional Programs curricula
- JumpStart Program: Summer academic enrichment program
- FREE 6 week program to improve your skills in Math, English, Reading, and Computers
- All required textbooks and support materials provided are FREE
- FREE breakfast and lunch included
- Become part of college life at P.I.T. before the fall semester
- P.I.T. Stop Café: DELICIOUS breakfast and lunch menus prepared by P.I.T.’s Chef!
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s ACT101 Grant: Provides support services for students who may have cultural, economic, and
educational disadvantages that impair their ability to be successful at P.I.T.
- Federal TRIO Student Support Services Grant: Provides a number of support services including:
- Explore ideas for academic development
- Assists students with basic college requirements
- Motivates students to graduate
- Honor Societies: P.I.T. sponsors two honor societies for degree students. Each honor society has specific membership requirements.
- Chi Alpha Epsilon, Chi Chapter
- Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Psi Mu Chapter
- College Transfer Services: Provides personalized help to students planning to transfer to a four year college or university.
- Job Placement Services: Offers personalized job placement assistance for each student.