In 1953, Walter R. Garrison founded the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology. His goal was to prepare students to
enter the workforce or to transfer to a four-year college or university.
In 1983, The Pennsylvania Institute of Technology (P.I.T.) was accredited by the Middle States Commission
on Higher Education (MSCHE, 3264 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, 215-662-5606). Accreditation by
the Middle States Commission on Higher Education certifies that classroom success has been achieved by P.I.T. graduates.
The mission of P.I.T. is student success. The College is committed to providing committed learners with
a quality, collegiate, and career-enhancing education in a support environment that promotes personal growth and
prepares graduates for successful careers and/or college transfer opportunities.
P.I.T. seeks to:
- Provide a combination of “hands-on” and classroom learning.
- Give students the skills and the knowledge that will ensure professional success.
- Maximize job placement.
- Prepare students who want to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
- Offer support services to help all students succeed.
- Encourage students to develop skills that will help them grow in technical career fields.
- Affordable tuition rates
- Financial aid
- Over 60 years of quality education
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education Accredited (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267)-284-5000)
- Approved two-year college by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
associate degree programs in: Allied Health-Clinical Medical Assistant, Allied Health-Medical Billing and Coding, Allied Health-Pharmacy Technician, Allied Health-Practical Nursing, Applied Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, Computer Science, General Studies, Health Science, Physical Therapist Assistant (Clarification)
certificate programs in: Clinical Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Technician, Practical Nursing
Enrollment: Approximately 800 active students
Faculty: Approximately 150 faculty members
Media Campus: Our Media campus is located at 800 Manchester Avenue in Media, Pennsylvania.
We are minutes from Baltimore Pike and easily reached by car or public transportation.
Center City Location: Our Center City location is in historic downtown Philadelphia, located at 6th and Walnut Streets.
We are two blocks from the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall with public transportation and parking options.