65+ Tuition Waiver Program
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology’s 65+ Tuition Waiver Program allows retired adults, 65 and older, to attend the college, tuition free, on a space-available basis.
Spring 2023 Schedule 65+
|BUS113||O||Introduction to Business||18|
|BUS247||O||Principles of Macroeconomics||18|
|COM108||O||Communication and Social Interaction||18|
|HCM107||O||Introduction to Health Care Management||18|
|HCM140||O||Health Insurance Claims||18|
|HCM219||O||Health Care Law & Ethics||18|
|HUM140||O||Critical Thinking in the Modern Age||18|
|MOT115||O||Healthcare in a Trans Cultural Environment||18|
|MTH130||O||Mathematics for Health Care Professionals||18|
|PSY105||O||Introduction to Psychology||18|
|PSY109||O||Human Growth and Development||18|
|SIT203||O||Basic Office Software Applications||18|
To qualify, you must be:
- Sixty-five (65) years of age or older and retired (i.e., not presently engaged in full-time employment).
- Registered for a maximum of four (4) credits per term in a non-degree status.
NOTE: If you plan to take more than four credits in a term or enroll as a degree-seeking student you are not eligible for the 65+ Tuition Waiver.
- Each term classes that are eligible for the 65+ Tuition Waiver Program are posted above.
- Registration for classes is permitted on a “space available” basis and will run for a period of one (1) week, beginning the Monday prior to the week of each term start date and concluding that Friday. Registration must be completed in person by the applicant.
- 65+ Tuition Waiver forms are available at the download links belowand in the Academic Records Office.
Terms of the Program
- Courses are recorded as audits with no grades or credits earned.
- Any books or supplies required for courses are the financial responsibility of the individual receiving the tuition waiver benefit.
- The college reserves the right to cancel registration up to and including the final day of the enrolled term’s add/drop period.
- Waiver recipient’s courses do not include the taking of examination, writing of papers, recording or reporting of grades, or other requirements generally associated with college credit.
- Proof of age may be required.