65+ Tuition Waiver Program
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology’s 65+ Tuition Waiver Program allows retired adults, 65 and older, to attend the college, tuition free, on a space-available basis.
Winter 2020 Classes:
|BEH107||O||Mental Health Disorders||Online|
|BME103||A||Principles Of Electronics||T/R 9 AM – 11:30 AM|
|BME107||A||Biomedical Electronic Devices||M/W 9 AM – 11:30 AM|
|CAT109||O||The History, Politics, and Ethics of Cannabis||Online|
|CAT131||E||Legal Aspects of Alternative Health Therapies||Monday 12 PM – 2PM|
|CRJ201||O||Theories of Juvenile Delinquency||Online|
|CSC110||A||Computer Programming Fundamentals||M/W 11:30 AM – 2PM|
|PLS150||O||American Federal Government||Online|
|PSY105||E||Introduction to Psychology||Wednesday 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM|
|PSY109||E||Human Growth and Development||Wednesday 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM|
|ROE101||E||Introduction to Robotics||Wednesday 8:30 AM – 11 AM|
To qualify, you must be:
- Sixty-five (65) years of age or older and retired (i.e., not presently engaged in full-time employment).
- Registered for a maximum of four (4) credits per term in a non-degree status.
NOTE: If you plan to take more than four credits in a term or enroll as a degree-seeking student you are not eligible for the 65+ Tuition Waiver.
- Each term classes that are eligible for the 65+ Tuition Waiver Program are posted above.
- Registration for classes is permitted on a “space available” basis and will run for a period of one (1) week, beginning the Monday prior to the week of each term start date and concluding that Friday. Registration must be completed in person by the applicant.
- 65+ Tuition Waiver forms are available at the download links below and in the Academic Records Office.
Terms of the Program
- Courses are recorded as audits with no grades or credits earned.
- Any books or supplies required for courses are the financial responsibility of the individual receiving the tuition waiver benefit.
- The college reserves the right to cancel registration up to and including the final day of the enrolled term’s add/drop period.
- Waiver recipient’s courses do not include the taking of examination, writing of papers, recording or reporting of grades, or other requirements generally associated with college credit.
- Proof of age may be required.