Cannabis Business Degree
With fully online classes available, our cannabis business degree program aims to provide committed learners with quality, collegiate, and career-enhancing cannabis-based business education. We build a supportive environment that promotes personal growth, preparing graduates for successful careers and college transfer opportunities.
Cannabis Business students will focus on a combination of pathways to determine the most promising path for their careers. Students enrolled in our cannabis business courses will be exposed to all levels of vertically integrated business models through a careful examination of the science, botany, marketing, and accounting aspects of a cannabis business.
As medicinal and recreational cannabis business opportunities continue to expand, employment opportunities are emerging and growing by leaps and bounds. To take advantage of this, our online cannabis degree program prepares graduates to start their own business, work for a dispensary or grow operation, or transfer credits to earn a bachelor’s degree!
The national cannabis sales figures for 2021 ($25 billion) is just about 25% of the industry’s potential. It is projected that cannabis revenue is expected to almost double by 2025, and even then it would be less than half of the total potential market.
In 2021, America’s legal cannabis industry created more than 280 new jobs every day. A person was hired for a marijuana-related job every two minutes of the work day, on average.
Career Opportunities for Graduates After Completing Cannabis Business Courses
When you take our cannabis business classes and graduate from our program, you’ll be able to choose from a wide variety of careers, as there are many positions available in the medical marijuana and CBD industries.
Some of the possible roles you could find yourself in include:
- Dispensary manager
- Edibles manufacturing specialist
- Cannabis formulation specialist
- Edibles specialist
- Cannabis health advisor
Why Choose P.I.T. for Your Online Cannabis Business Degree
P.I.T. has been making a difference in the lives of students for over 70 years, helping prepare them for high-demand, rewarding careers. By choosing Pennsylvania Institute of Technology’s cannabis business program, you’ll reap a variety of benefits such as:
- Unique learning approach – We supply you with a career-focused education, providing you with cutting-edge knowledge and skills.
- Experience in your desired field – P.I.T. gives you guidance from a caring, mentoring faculty dedicated to helping you grow. With their help, you’ll gain experience through class assignments, research projects, internships, co-ops, and more!
- Extensive support services – Ranging from individualized professional tutoring to job placement, we offer support services to ensure your success.
- Flexibility – Our cannabis business courses are offered online, meaning you can complete your work on your own schedule.
In addition to these benefits, by taking our cannabis business courses, you’ll also receive:
- A 15-1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Free tutoring
- The opportunity to apply for financial aid
- Transfer assistance, career help, counseling, and more!
Apply to Our Cannabis Business Program
With a focus on laws and regulations associated with the cannabis industry, you’ll gain proficiency in business management skills such as organizational stability, entrepreneurship, marketing, project management, and sustainability.
As featured in Leafly’s best college degrees for Cannabis!
- Interpret the history of medical cannabis in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware compared to the USA as well as recognize the implications of medical legalization and its impact on healthcare.
- Differentiate the benefits of medical marijuana for different health issues.
- Explore and understand the legal challenges of working in the cannabis industry or consuming cannabis-based health products.
- Analyze and assess the research on medicinal effects of marijuana products.
- Compare and contrast other alternative health treatments that can be used in conjunction with medical marijuana.
- Evaluate the commercial hemp market for potential business opportunities.
- Recognize and apply the tenets of professional ethical responsibility.
- Identify and distinguish the major historical and political influences of cannabis use.
- Analyze marketing techniques to determine the most appropriate strategies.
- Employ the use of accounting software and reports within the context of a cannabis business environment.
- Develop a clear understanding of the horticulture and botany associated with cannabis.