Cannabis Health Therapy
With fully online classes available, our program aims to provide committed learners with a quality collegiate and career-enhancing cannabis-based health education in a supportive environment that promotes personal growth and prepares graduates for successful careers and college transfer opportunities.
Discover P.I.T.’s cannabis health therapy degree and how it is the right choice for you from our program guide today!
About P.I.T.’s Cannabis Therapy Degree
As medicinal and recreational cannabis business opportunities continue to expand, employment opportunities are emerging and growing by leaps and bounds. That is why our faculty and staff are proud to offer a comprehensive program for those looking to make a career specializing in cannabis healthcare, as well as wanting to further expand their knowledge of the industry itself.
Students who successfully complete P.I.T.’s cannabis therapy classes will earn an associate degree and qualify for either placement into the medical cannabis field or transfer to complete their four-year degree in healthcare, allied health, or botany.
Careers Opportunities with Your Cannabis Therapy Degree
Once you graduate from P.I.T. with your cannabis therapy degree, you’ll have the freedom to explore a rewarding career in a cannabis-health-related field that aligns with your preferences and desires. Some examples of these careers include:
- Cannabis clinician
- Cannabis medical researcher
- Medical cannabis consultant
- Cannabis extraction technician
The Benefits of Cannabis Health Therapy
Medical cannabis has been demonstrated to provide palliative relief for various illnesses. The active chemicals in medical marijuana are called cannabinoids, and they are similar to chemicals the body makes naturally that affect appetite, anxiety, movement, and pain.
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) impacts the way a person feels, moves, and reacts. Cannabinoids and their receptors are found in the brain, organs, connective tissue, glands, and immune cells – throughout the entire body. The primary purpose of this system is to maintain a stable internal environment, despite changes in the external environment. The cannabinoids from the cannabis plant work in specific ways in the human body. They target cannabinoid receptors of the endocannabinoid system, often working to achieve homeostasis.
Why You Should Pursue Your Cannabis Therapy Classes with Us
At the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, we work to provide our students with versatility when it comes to pursuing cannabis health therapy courses. That is why students have the option of completing their degrees fully online, in-person, or as a hybrid of the two. So, no matter the mode you decide is right for you, just know the quality of your education will remain constant!
Additionally, when choosing us for your cannabis therapy degree, some of the benefits you’ll receive include the following:
- Free tutoring for all students
- A 15-1 student-to-faculty ratio
- The ability to transfer credits to a college or university for your bachelor’s degree
- The opportunity to apply for financial aid
- Numerous support services based on your needs
Overall, we want to provide each student with a quality education backed by up-to-date industry knowledge and skills. Our faculty and staff also want to do our part in offering informed and caring guidance tailored to your unique journey.
Get Your Online Cannabis Therapy Degree at P.I.T.
For those looking for a rewarding career promoting both health and wellness through the utilization of cannabis, pursuing your in-person or online cannabis therapy degree is the perfect place to get started.
As featured in Leafly’s best college degrees for Cannabis!
- Interpret the history of medical cannabis in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware compared to the USA as well as recognize the implications of medical legalization and its impact on healthcare.
- Differentiate the benefits of medical marijuana for different health issues.
- Explore and understand the legal challenges of working in the cannabis industry or consuming cannabis-based health products.
- Analyze and assess the research on medicinal effects of marijuana products.
- Compare and contrast other alternative health treatments that can be used in conjunction with medical marijuana.
- Evaluate the commercial hemp market for potential business opportunities.
- Recognize and apply the tenets of professional ethical responsibility.
- Identify and distinguish the major historical and political influences of cannabis use.
- Analyze marketing techniques to determine the most appropriate strategies.
- Describe how the Endocannabinoid System is impacted by the introduction of cannabis to the body.
- Develop a clear understanding of the horticulture and botany associated with cannabis.