Cannabis Health Therapy
With fully-online classes available, this program aims to provide committed learners with a quality collegiate and career-enhancing Cannabis-based health education in a supportive environment that promotes personal growth and prepares graduates for successful careers and college transfer opportunities.
Medical cannabis has been demonstrated to provide palliative relief for various illnesses. The active chemicals in medical marijuana are called Cannabinoids, and they are similar to chemicals the body makes naturally that affect appetite, anxiety, movement, and pain.
The Endocannabinoid (E.C.) System impacts the way a person feels, moves, and reacts. Cannabinoids and their receptors are found in the brain, organs, connective tissue, glands, and immune cells – throughout the entire body. The primary purpose of the E.C. system is to maintain a stable internal environment, despite changes in the external environment. The cannabinoids from the cannabis plant work in specific ways in the human body. They target cannabinoid receptors of the endocannabinoid system, often working to achieve homeostasis.
As medicinal and recreational cannabis business opportunities continue to expand, employment opportunities are emerging and growing by leaps and bounds. Students who successfully complete P.I.T.’s Cannabis Healthcare will earn an associate’s degree and qualify for either placement into the medical cannabis field or transfer to complete their four-year degree in healthcare, allied health, or botany.
As featured in Leafly’s best college degrees for Cannabis!
Read more here: https://www.leafly.com/news/industry/best-cannabis-college-degrees-and-certifications
Have a Question?
- Interpret the history of medical cannabis in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware compared to the USA as well as recognize the implications of medical legalization and its impact on healthcare.
- Differentiate the benefits of medical marijuana for different health issues.
- Explore and understand the legal challenges of working in the cannabis industry or consuming cannabis-based health products.
- Analyze and assess the research on medicinal effects of marijuana products.
- Compare and contrast other alternative health treatments that can be used in conjunction with medical marijuana.
- Evaluate the commercial hemp market for potential business opportunities.
- Recognize and apply the tenets of professional ethical responsibility.
- Identify and distinguish the major historical and political influences of cannabis use.
- Analyze marketing techniques to determine the most appropriate strategies.
- Describe how the Endocannabinoid System is impacted by the introduction of cannabis to the body.
- Develop a clear understanding of the horticulture and botany associated with cannabis.
Lou Giannotti, RPH
Director of Cannabis Studies